Wednesday 7 October 2009

Ed Hamrick at VueScan

This is a shameless plug for a product which, and a developer who, deserves it.

I have a Canon N656U scanner and neat, slim piece of kit it is as well. It doesn't play nice with Snow Leopard – neither does my Samsung U600 which I free-upgraded to way before I bought the MacBook (what's wrong with companies? Don't they know to co-operate with Apple?) - so I paid for Ed Hamrick's VueScan program, which lets my scanner work with my Mac. Until recently when it decided to produce a whole bunch of gibberish. I sent Ed a mail like as his site suggests, and was amazed when, as promised, he replied personally. We've been going back and forth for a while on it. The IT Support desk at work would have given up on the second or third exchange of mails. Ed kept going through a number of cycles and we've sorted the problem (I hope – electronic gadgets have minds of their own). So VueScan and its creator gets my whole-hearted recommendation.

VueScan is here http://www.hamrick.com/vsm.html

No comments:

Post a Comment