Monday 28 June 2010

Chester Visit

I was in Chester a couple of weeks ago, on business for reasons that still make me mad to think about them. I took an evening train up and went for a walk along the Shropshire Union canal...



(It's worth clicking on both those for the detail.) The hotel room - in the Kings Suite of the Queen Hotel by Chester station - was pretty good...


though the courtyard is kitsch beyond description...


Lunchtime was at the Old Harker's Arms, on the canalised. It might not look prepossessing...


...but the food is consistently damn good. As this hake was...


As things are going, I won't have many more excuses to visit the place in the future. Kinda shame, as it's a nice time and I keep wanting to use my right to shoot a Welshman who has dared venture near the city walls with a bow and arrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment