Friday 2 July 2010

Proust Questionnaire

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Cool breeze, setting sun, clear sky, clifftop, sparkling sea, and a car waiting to take me somewhere interesting that evening

What is your greatest fear?
Retirement - my pension is worth a damn

What is the trait you deplore most in yourself?
Cowardice

What is the trait you deplore most in others?
Slobbish public behaviour

Which living person do you most admire?
Pass

What is your greatest extravagance?
I don't have the money for extravagances. Books and music are necessities.

What is your current state of mind?
I don't think there's a word for it. I must be in denial. Again.

What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
If it can be over-rated, it isn't a virtue.

What is the quality you most like in a man?
A quick wit

What is the quality you like most in a woman?
All of them

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
"The snag / problem / catch / difficulty is ...."

Who or what is the greatest love of your life?
All my loves are equal

When and where were you happiest?
I haven't been there yet

Which talent would you most like to have?
Sight-reading music

What is your most treasured possession?
My sobriety

What do you regard as the lowest depths of misery?
I've never known misery - drunken self-pity, yes, but not misery

What is your favourite occupation?
Writing, taking pictures, making music

What is your most marked characteristic?
I don't drink the Kool-Aid

What do you value most in your friends?
Being with them

Who is your favourite hero in fiction?
Any of the main male protagonists in The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress

Who are your heros in real life?
Professional soldiers. I can't do what they do and I'm damn glad they do it.

What is it you most dislike?
Being lied to

What is your greatest regret?
Not having slept with far more women

How would you like to die?
Quickly and before Social Services can sell my house under me

What is your motto?
One day at a time

No comments:

Post a Comment